Horizontal Results not working

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Horizontal Results not working

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by altierra altierra 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    altierra
    altierra
    Participant

Hi there,

I can’t seem to setup the search properly. I selected horizontal on the results field and it keeps coming up vertical. And how do you put a slideshow underneath the search bar like the on in airbnb.com? Thanks and have a great day!

Regards,

Allan

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I just checked and I’m seeing horizontal results, maybe it was just the website page cache?

For slideshows I suppose you can use some kind of slider plugin. There are many available on codecanyon as well. I can also recommend “Smart Slider 2”, I used to work with them, they are a very talented team.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

altierra
    altierra
    Participant

Yes thank you I can now see horizontal results. I have provided “post_images” as the default value of the images to be shown but the plugin doesn’t seem to be able to extract the proper images. I have also set alternative sources of the photos but it still comes up blank. Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Does the post_images custom field contain a single url to the image? Or is it an array of multiple images?

If I search for “biggest” I get a post with an image, it is extracted from it’s cotnent. Where is the “post_images” custom field set?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

altierra
    altierra
    Participant

Hi there,

Post images is a custom field which is a multi image uploader. It’s available under listings, classifieds, events and properties. See this: http://screencast.com/t/9nzFd4AQMv

Thanks,

Allan

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I see.

There are two problems with this:

1. This is most likely some kind of advanced custom field storing the images as an array or object or something. There is no way for the plugin to find out how this is stored. However I might have a solution, but I don’t think I can test it without FTP access.

2. The bigger problem is that I don’t see any post images defined: https://i.imgur.com/S38NzHS.png
    I also checked the Listings editor, but there is no “Post images” field to upload images: https://i.imgur.com/DEssgGZ.png
    All I can see is the image gallery, but that’s not the Post images box.

So even if I find a way to parse the “post_images” custom field, it looks like they are empty, so you still don’t get any image.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

altierra
    altierra
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Can we use the image gallery instead? How do we define image gallery as the primary image source? If you still need the ftp login details I can give it to you. Thanks.

Regards,

Allan

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It might be possible, I’m not sure.

If you have FTP, you can add it by editing your first post in this thread or upload a .txt file. Both methods are safe.

Please make a quick back-up of your data as well, to make sure nothing gets lost.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

altierra
    altierra
    Participant

Attached is the ftp details. Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    altierra
    altierra
    Participant

Hi there,

Any update on this? I appreciate your help on this. Thanks.

Regards,

Allan

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I have found a solution, the images should now appear. I put the following code to your themes functions.php file to achieve that:

if (!function_exists("parse_tpl_image")) {
      add_filter( "asp_results", "parse_tpl_image", 1, 1 );

function parse_tpl_image($results) {
        foreach ($results as $k => $result) {
          if ($result->image == null || $result->image == "") {
            $m = bdw_get_images_plugin($result->id, 'directory-single-thumb');
            if (is_array($m) && isset($m[0]['file'])) {
                $results[$k]->image = $m[0]['file'];
            }
          }
        }
        return $results;
      }
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

altierra
    altierra
    Participant

Wow that’s amazing! Thanks a million for the help. It looks great now. How do I center the search bar and how do I make it appear on top of a slideshow? Sorry for not knowing much about this.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.