How to create predefined searches

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support How to create predefined searches

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kukarika74
    kukarika74
    Participant

Hi there, i d like to ask a quick question.
    I have created a search and place it in a widget. The search contains custom fields and it has 4 options.
    The search is “Postgraduate Cources” and contains dropdowns with 1. University. 2. Country 3. Duration and 4. Price/Cost.

It works great but i d like to know if i can create a link in another page (the search is not there), for example
    a. Check all free IT courses (this will be a link and when the user clicks it, he will redirect to another page with the search with the filters selected (Free for the price) and results will be shown.

I thought that i could create another search with hidden input fields and default values for my selected fields that i want.
    Is there another way? Coz i want to create 10 or more searches.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

There was a very similar question asked a few weeks ago. I will link you to that answer, I believe it is what you are looking for: https://wp-dreams.com/forums/topic/invoke-search-filter-with-url/#post-23860

Basically, that describes how to get the URL of pre-defined filters, as well as trigger the search when visiting that URL, which I believe is the thing you are looking for.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kukarika74
    kukarika74
    Participant

Hi there and thanks for the quick reply. I did try the state api and create a few filtered searches. It works ok, i think i can do my job with this. My only concern is that even though the pre-defined filtered search works ok, the value is not selected in the dropdown.

Dropdowns filters have the initial value and not the one that i chose to filter. Ok i can create a new search widget but i guess there is a faster way to achieve that.

Thanks again

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome! Let me know if there is anything specific I can help you with.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kukarika74
    kukarika74
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m afraid you can’t hide that – as that contains the parameters to the search options. Visiting the URL contains the information.

There is however an option to hide them when doing a search via the search form, and the information is sent through a POST method, which can be set here.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kukarika74
    kukarika74
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kukarika74
    kukarika74
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.