How to fix a bug in the plugin?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support How to fix a bug in the plugin?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ecountry
    ecountry
    Participant

Hello!

Tell me how to build an article in a line? As soon as we do, but the articles are arranged in a column. Can I make on a version for computers, articles stood in line, but the mobile version in the column?

And another question: how is your plug-in works with relevance Russian content? There will be problems? Or under the Russian language it is necessary to specially configure?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have found your ticket, it was marked as spam by Akismet, sorry about that 🙁

I have tried to log-in for the back-end to check the configuration, but I’m getting a 403 error page when I try to access the wp-admin or the wp-login.php page. Can you please post an url where I can log-in? Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ecountry
    ecountry
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    ecountry
    ecountry
    Participant

I send you a link to a private message

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details, I was able to find the problem. The plugin was not initalizing correctly, because the script was moved to the footer. I’ve corrected the problem via the code and will include this fix in the upcoming release.

I have also added the following custom CSS to adjust the items width on smaller screens (below 720px -> 2 columns and below 480px -> 1 column):

@media (max-width: 720px) {
      div div[id^=relatedpostspro_0_].rpp_isotope .rpp_item {
        width: 50% !important;    
      }
    }

@media (max-width: 480px) {
      div div[id^=relatedpostspro_0_].rpp_isotope .rpp_item {
        width: 100% !important;    
      }
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

ecountry
    ecountry
    Participant

Thank you for your help! Now everything is working. Please tell me more: how to make the announcements was the same height (https://www.screencast.com/t/Z88WhwiSw )?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

You could perhaps try to force a height via a custom CSS like so:

.rpp_item {
        height: 220px !important;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

ecountry
    ecountry
    Participant

Hello!

Continuing with your question … How can I optimize the connection of CSS in your plugin? The point is that the CSS is connected in three places, including the header. Is it possible to connect all CSS and scripts in a footer? Or do asynchronous loading? It is necessary to make so that as much as possible to optimize loading CSS and scripts … This is necessary to implement the recommendations of Pagéspeed and speed up the loading of pages

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’m not a fan of CSS minifier and aggregator solutions, as they usually only cause issues, but I have found one that seems to be working absolutely perfect. On the demo site I use the following combination:

Autoptimize plugin for CSS and JS minification – this plugin is just awesome. It might require some tweaking, depeding on your site, but this one worked the best for me, when it comes to CSS and JS optimizations.
    – plus there is a built in Asynch CSS loader in Ajax Search Pro, which is also enabled on the demo. You can enable it on the Compatibility Settings submenu: https://i.imgur.com/NPrHIe1.png

The Autoptimize makes sure to aggregate all CSS assets, and the asynch loader will load most of the search instance CSS once the DOM loading is finished. Please note that this combination may not neccessarily work in your case as well, it’s just a suggestion. Getting all of this correctly, may require significant amount of tweaking.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.