How to i highlight the matched keyword?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support How to i highlight the matched keyword?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kennypurnomo
    kennypurnomo
    Participant

How to highlight the result keyword that matches the search keyword?

In my case is “BRIO”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can do that via the keyword highlight feature.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kennypurnomo
    kennypurnomo
    Participant

It is not highlighting “brio”. This is weird. Please see this video https://www.loom.com/share/035746d978374413a35a4b6cc10a6b24

Also how can i improve the loading speed?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

If the keyword is not within the visible context, it will not be highlighted. It is also possible, that the keyword was not matched at all, since you are using the “OR” keyword logic as I can see from the video.

Check this documentation to get the best possible search performance.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kennypurnomo
    kennypurnomo
    Participant

Yes “Brio” might not be in the product title but definitely it is in the product description.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I understand. However if the keyword is further down the description (further than the short description length), then it simply does not fit into the view.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kennypurnomo
    kennypurnomo
    Participant

Nono, i definitely have “Brio” in the primary description as well.

Something is off with my setup.

Please advise

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I understand – but the description field has a maximum length set here. If the matching keywords are further away from each other, they may not fit into that.
    Ex. “kampas” is in the first sentence, and the “brio” is 20 lines lower, it will not fit into the default 130 characters. Try increasing that length, but that of course will lead to more lengthy result descriptions.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kennypurnomo
    kennypurnomo
    Participant

As you can see in the attachment, i have “Primary Description Field for Posts/Pages/CPT” filled with “car_type” where car type is something like “Brio CBU DD2 1.3, Brio Satya DD1, Brio Satya New DD1, City GD8 IDSI, City GD8 VTEC, Civic Estilo SR3, Civic Genio SR4, Jazz GD3 IDSI, Jazz GD3 VTEC”

1. How can this (“Brio”) not be found?
    2. How the plugin determines which to show between PRIMARY and SECONDARY description?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It does not mean it was not found. It only means, that the word is not on the screen for the highlighter to highlight it. If you increase the description lenght, then more of the results description text will be visible. If the word “brio” is within this text, then the plugin will highlight it.

By default the Primary field is displayed, if the primary field is empty, then it will use the secondary field.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.