Image in result page (not search box), exclude ID's

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Image in result page (not search box), exclude ID's

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by vinks vinks 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vinks
    vinks
    Participant

Dear M. Marcinko
    First thanks for this powerful plugin.

I’m using ASP for WordPress to search only my portfolio posts (they all have a featured image jpg and ASP in configured to grab either feature/Excerpt/content…).
    the search box works fine and displays thumbnails but I would like to have image on display in my result page once I click the magnifier/search button (and not only a vertical list of results without image): is there any sample code or possibility please ?

On the other hand, I excluded some post ID’s (advanced/exclude result/Exclude posts/pages/cpt: come list ID’s) but some post type (I only wants to search Portfolio though) are still appearing in my result page: any suggestions ?

By the way, the website is currently protected by IP access (exclusion in HTaccess) let me know if you need a test access

Thanks for your help.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your kind words, I will try my best to help you and explain everything the best to my knowledge.

The results page layout, including what elemetns are displayed is fully controlled by the theme your are currently using. The only way is to make direct changes to the correcsponding theme file, or to make a child theme and do the changes there. Unfortunately there is no custom code snippet I could suggest, as it would have no effect whatsoever. Usually the search.php file in the theme directory is responsible for this layout.

Exclusions:
    I believe the search override is not activated, so the results page displays the default search results. You can eable the override on the General Options -> Behavior panel, on the search back-end: Results page override

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

vinks
    vinks
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt feedback Ernest.
    You’re right: the Override option did the thing… (you have so many options…:-)
    I’m not good with PHP, do you know someone who could help me with the picture issue please ?
    It’s no big deal but…
    I’m ready to pay for his service of course.

regards
    Remi v

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great, at least that is solved 🙂

As for the customizations, I’m actually affiliated with WPKraken, it’s a service made by a codecanyon author, so far I heard not complaints. It’s not a freelancer type of site, they have a dedicated team to do the jobs.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

vinks
    vinks
    Participant

Thanks
    I’ll have a look at the website and submit a quote request.
    regards
    Remi v

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.