Image results show duplicate image returns when using certain keyword searches

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Image results show duplicate image returns when using certain keyword searches

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by sallyg31 sallyg31 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sallyg31
    sallyg31
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    On certain keyword searches we get duplicate image returns. This is true for the keyword “and”. I have tried different settings, but the problem persists.
    I have 25 images set up in the WP media library – and I have created an Advanced Gallery using Kadence to display the images with their captions.
    I have removed any possible image duplications from the WP content uploads folder in the hosting server files.
    I have checked all settings and simply cannot identify what causes the images to duplicate – so perhaps you can help?

I would also like to know – if I set up numerous Kadence Adv Galleries with batches of images, if this is likely to cause a problem with result returns? At the moment I am using just one Kadence Adv Gallery with 25 images. I would want to add up to 1000 images, but not all in the same Adv Gallery, as I also want to add other blocks of different content in between the Adv Galleries on the same WP page?

Kind regards,
    Sally

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Sally,

Thank you for the details!

It took me some time, but I believe I have found the cause of the problem. It turns out there is something wrong with the random ordering and the “load more” feature coupled together. The secondary ordering of the pictures was set to “random”, and that seemingly caused the issue. I have changed it back to the default “date descending” here: https://i.imgur.com/wpr0Q3f.png

I did a few test searches, and it seems okay now. Can you please confirm?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sallyg31
    sallyg31
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you so much for resolving this issue for me. It works brilliantly now! I had started setting up another Test instance – trying a process of elimination with different settings, etc. but I would have struggled to figure this one out. Very grateful indeed. I can start to build content now…

I have just another small problem I cannot sort easily.
    RESULTS TITLE LINK FONT & DESCRIPTION TEXT FONT:
    https://prnt.sc/139FO2fVvALM
    Regarding the above – I would really like to make just the MOBILE text larger for the search results, i.e. from 13px to 18px, but making the change on the above settings, also changes the caption font size for tablet and laptop, which obscures most of the image beneath the overlay – so I want to keep those settings the same as default. I probably need to add some CSS coding, but struggle to identify the relevant ajax code relating to mobile image caption text font from the Inspect Q box. Perhaps you can help?
    Thanks again,
    Sally

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome Sally!

Sure, I can help you with that. So, make sure to set it up as you need it on the desktop device, and a custom CSS code is going to be used to handle the mobile devices:

@media only screen and (max-width: 600px) {
        /* Result title */
        .asp_r .asp_content h3>a{
            font-size: 18px !important;
        }
        /* Result description */
        .asp_r .asp_content {
            font-size: 16px !important;
        }
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sallyg31
    sallyg31
    Participant

Hi Ernest – just to let you know I popped in the code you provided – and the increased mobile sizing works just great!!! Thanks for your time and trouble! Can now attend to populating content, etc. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.