Inaccurate Search -not working well

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Inaccurate Search -not working well

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by db184447 db184447 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    db184447
    db184447
    Participant

Dear WP-Dreams-Support,

The search is not working very well and accurate. I show you the following screenshots.
    In Screenshot 1 and 2 you can see, that i am searching an article with almost the exact title-phrase. But no results are showing off.
    In Picture 3 you are seeing, i am searching a phrase with over 40 sites with the name in the url and title, but the search does not show even one result. The same with Picture 4.

This search is really behaving very strange and inaccurate, Exact Phrases are not found by the search.
    Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

For some reason the attachment files were not uploaded, can you please try again? Thank you very much!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

db184447
    db184447
    Participant

Enclosed are the attached files.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details, it helps a lot!

So, I logged in and checked your configuration, and changed a few things, which I think will match your case the best.
    While the plugin is very powerful, and tries the best possible ways to give the expected results – it is still only relies on pure mathematical calculations. That means, some results will probably seem less relevant by human intuition, but mathematically will be actually more relevant.

To get the best of the plugin for your case, first I changed the keyword logics as following: https://i.imgur.com/zgW5BXy.png
    This will be a more strict rule for searches, as you have more than enough keywords (over 1.9 million). The single character keywords are no also accepted.

Then I adjusted the relevance for the titles much stronger: https://i.imgur.com/8a3ywTY.png
    This helps balancing out the hunge amount of keywords in the content, which are much less relevant as the short titles.

Now a few searches seem to give me much different results, but I believe they are more relevant as well.
    Ex 1.: https://i.imgur.com/iSuRoiV.png
    Ex 2.: https://i.imgur.com/jsZJAIB.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

db184447
    db184447
    Participant

Thank you for the advices. Maybe it would be good, if you could publish such recommendations in FAQs or Help-Site.

Like you mentioned in EX1 and EX2, the imprecise results are showing up, but however, if the most relevant are on the top, it is at least getting more useful.

Yes in the database there are a million keywords, the most of them are clutter and trash. Thousands of html-code and other useless words.
    Maybe you can make the indexing of the database more precise, it think it would benefit performance and results hugely.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I checked the database, because no HTML or any other codes should be present, those are dealt with within the index process.

There were indeed a lot of CSS tags and some other HTML related keywords. After debugging, I found that the Divi builder shortcodes were not rendered at all, printing effectively causing the issue.
    After some research, I have found that there is no proper way of triggering them, only some hacks, and there are also known bugs with that, which the Divi team already knows about.

Anyways, I had to make a few direct changes to the plugin code to programmatically trigger the missing shortcodes from the Divi builder – now most of them seem to execute fine and their contents are being indexed.
    After recreating the index, it shrinked to 1.6M from 1.9M, removing over 300K unwanted keywords.

I will make sure to include this change in the upcoming release, so you don’t have to worry about it. I sure hope Divi staff will address these issues as well, as these “hacky” solutions usually don’t work forever.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

db184447
    db184447
    Participant

Thank you for your comment and help, making the Plugin adaptive to Divi. Hope Divi will fix their issues and that the Plugin will improve their search abilities and algorithm.

I searched again a phrase and the results are not satisfactory. Even the Title has now absolutely the most weight, there is no results for this query. Why?

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The index is still populating, it will be ready in 30 minutes, please try again then.

PS. To further optimizations I also applied a stop-words list, which I found on the internet for the german language:

aber, beziehungsweise, denn, oder, sondern, und, als, bevor, bis, dass, damit, nachdem, ob, obwohl, seit, seitdem, sobald, sofern, soweit, sowie, während, weil, wenn, wie, wo, weder, noch, anstatt, zu, entweder, oder, sowohl, als, sowohl, wie, je, desto, zwar, ich, mich, der, die, das, den, zu, am, ja, er, von, was, wo, wohin, für, in, ist, auf, aus, hat, aber, eine, sein, wird, es, noch, ihm

You can disable/change these under the index table options of course.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

db184447
    db184447
    Participant

Or other example, the exact phrase of this article can not be found?

Attachments:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.