Inadequate Search Results with Upgrade

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Inadequate Search Results with Upgrade

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alyssag022
    alyssag022
    Participant

Hi,

I used to have the lite version, but since upgrading to Pro I am having issues with my search results. For example, if you search “ceramics” on the site I only see two results show up, but if you click on the tag Ceramics, there are over 20 profiles matching that tag. I don’t understand why the search is not detecting all of them, I have tried adjusting some parameters with no luck.

Thank you for your help,
    Alyssa

P.s. I hope the login works, I just created it. If it does not, please let me know.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I could not log-in, the login screen relayed that it could not find my account.

It’s all right, I think we can figure it out either way. I assume the “ceramics” likely refers to a product category. Make sure that the search in taxonomy terms feature is enabled, that should very likely resolve the problem, you can find the option here: https://i.imgur.com/gs0ZIbT.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

alyssag022
    alyssag022
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you Alyssa,

Yes – that is the source of the issue, I don’t know if there is a way to make them work together. I have enabled a soft check so that the results page override is more aggressive, but there is still a chance that the other plugin will not pick up these results whatsoever.

The best option would be to use the result page live loader feature for our plugin instead of mixing the two plugins together. I have setup a drop-down filter layout for the same taxonomies as you have with the other plugin.
    If you place the following shortcode to the results page (where the other filters are), it should work very similarly:

[wpdreams_asp_settings id=1]

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Edit:

That shortcode may need to go to the same area as the search bar is, as live reloading the page may remove it.

If you want to keep filters on that position, the please try this shortcode instead:

[wd_asp id=3]

I have made a search duplicate for you, but that search bar is “hidden away” so only the filters are visible. Because it is separate from the header search, it should very likely work for the live filtering in the original position.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

alyssag022
    alyssag022
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you so much for all of your help. Is there any way to add more customization to the filters? For example, to be able to select multiple options, show result count, and that only the options with overlap are visible?

I am not a developer so I really really appreciate all of your help.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are very welcome!

Well, unfortunately results count and overlap is not possible – but you can change the filter type to checkboxes/radio/other drop-down types over here: https://i.imgur.com/Gcp553q.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.