Include Links (wp_links) within search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Include Links (wp_links) within search results

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by heinzhafner heinzhafner 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    heinzhafner
    heinzhafner
    Participant

Ajax Search Pro for links (wp_links)!

My website / wordpress has a decent link collection
    including with some additional fields for proper and comfortable link management (built in wp_links + extra defined fields)

BUT within the options of your search I found no way to
    include those links into the result set

Please provide me with a way to include the wordpress entry type
    link and to integrate the related media file representing the preview of the link (website-thumbnail)

Kind Regards

Heinz

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I would love to provide you a way to make this happen, but unfortunately this is not possible without coding.

Links are deprecated from wordpress version 3.5, and it’s not included in the latest versions (only with a plugin), but that’s not the main issue.

The problem is that links are not stored as custom post types, but as a completely different structure in a different table – thus they are not reachable for the search plugin.

The only way to make them work is to create a completely new wrapper, implement it to the plugin and design a new settings page for it – thus lots of lots of coding.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

heinzhafner
    heinzhafner
    Participant

Ok I understand those points

so:

1.) is it allowed to code own wrapper inside of your plugin?
    2.) is there any documentation how to “wrap” or hook custom code inside of your plugin?

because down to earth there is only ONE real change / mapping to make:
    Take the part you use for catching the data from wp_posts and combine this by a clever
    union with the results from wp_links to just get the results

Best solution would be to have it integrated in your admin environment
    just like choosing the custom posttypes via drag and drop 🙂

But this is a luxury part …

Would be a pain killer to have the possibility to integrate my own “wrapper” part for links …

Kind Regards

Heinz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.