Incompatible: WooCommerce search by Customer Name

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Incompatible: WooCommerce search by Customer Name

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by cbdoilreview cbdoilreview 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cbdoilreview
    cbdoilreview
    Participant

This plugin fixes a reported bug in WooCommerce, where the data structure before and after v3 was changed, and it affected the WooCommerce searching on certain fields: https://wordpress.org/plugins/order-search-repair-for-woocommerce/

Here’s the bug report that I found: https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/issues/14879

The problem is that I need to disable Ajax Search Pro for the correction to actually work.

To replicate the problem, you need a WooCommerce database that has gone through the v3 upgrade process, and then use the WooCommerce search field to search on a Customer Name. Our install would display a set of results, but the the data in the results list was blank, and clicking into a result would open up incorrect nodes.

I hope this is enough for you to recognize the problem. We’ve had to disable Ajax Search Pro on our Production site in order to allow our customer service reps to do their back-office work in WooCommerce.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I believe that the issue might be related to a similar problem with the most recent plugin version, where the back-end search is accidentally overridden by the plugin, in some rare cases.
    There is a temporary fix until the next release:

1. Make sure to have a back-up of everything before editing the files.
    2. Open up the wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\includes\classes\filters\class-asp-searchoverride.php file via FTP
    3. Replace it’s contents with this.
    4. Save the file.

That should solve the issue, hopefully.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

cbdoilreview
    cbdoilreview
    Participant

Thank you, that does solve the problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.