Increase Search Speed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EM-Design53
    EM-Design53
    Participant

Hello,
    I would like to know if there is a way to increase the search speed of a search? It takes about 7-10 seconds now and I don’t know if there are tweaks in the backend that I can make to speed that up? I’m using a VPS server with a good bit of speed, so I don’t think that’s the problem. I’m using this plugin on another site (mynextgenrx.com) and it’s on a Cloudways server on it’s own and it’s just a little bit faster.

I’ve done the optimize and defrag and have turned off everything that I don’t need, so I’m not sure if there is something else I can do?

I really love your plugin, I just need some guidance. Thanks!

Andy

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details and your kind words!

I logged in to test and checked the configuration as well. First thing I noticed, that you did not have the index table engine enabled, so first I enabled that for your (on search bar ID=1). That instantly made it much better. I also disabled the autocomplete feature – so no parralel requests are made, and the search response is way beyond 1s now on average: https://i.imgur.com/XuaZfSY.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

EM-Design53
    EM-Design53
    Participant

Thank you! The customer is much happier now. I’ll make those changes to the other search boxes on the site (I have a separate one for a sidebar). Have a great day!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.