Index DB issues

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by cnganga cnganga 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #10686
    cnganga
    cnganga
    Participant

    Hi,

    I have come across a few problems with the plugin:

    – (Issue 1) Firstly when a new portfolio is created the index database doesn’t index them unless i create a new index db. If i just select continue it looks as if it index’s the new data but then the search doesn’t pick them up until i create a new one.

    -(Issue 2) Another problem i have found is since upgrading to the latest version the widgets on the results page only populate the results from the search e.g. i have a widget that bring up recent posts, if the search brings back no results then the widget will be blank, if the search brings back 2 results then the widget will only have the two results. Prior to the upgrade the widget would not respond this way.

    – This last question is more of a how to question rather than a problem. I have set the plugin to search on location which works if i only enter the location in the search bar. If i enter the location plus a few other criteria it doesn’t bring back any results. I am using the AND logic and it was working for a brief moment until i recreated the index db due to “Issue 1”. so my question is how would go about setting it up so i can use the AND logic and location?

    Kind Regards
    Chris

    #10694
    cnganga
    cnganga
    Participant

    Hi,

    Have you had a chance to take a look into the below?

    Regards
    Chris

    #10696
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    All of these are extremely hard to debug without actually seeing the problem, but I will try to help.

    1. I only seen this happen once, there was some kind of custom code involved that caused the problem. I can only tell if I’m able to look at the code directly, to see if there is anything disabling the index table update. If you want, you can update your ticket with back-end and FTP details, and I will take a look.

    As an alternative you can enable CRON updates, and make sure to have the “Index new posts upon creation?” option eneabled as well: https://i.imgur.com/JoQlHPX.png

    2. Have you tried to disable the search to see if the widget content changes? If not, then it’s probably unrelated, it not, then let me know.

    3. Make sure that the correct custom fields are selected on the index table options panel and try re-creating the index. If nothing has changed, it should be working just like before.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #10713
    cnganga
    cnganga
    Participant

    Hi,

    1. I have enabled cron jobs for now and will test with a few more uploads and users and let you know if the issue still persists.

    2. When i disable the the plugin the issue goes away and as soon as i reactivated it the issue came back.

    3. strangely i have tested it again this evening and it seems to be working, i will keep an eye on it and get back you if it comes back.

    Regards
    Chris

    #10723
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    2. Can you please provide log-in and FTP details so I can take a look? And also details on which widget I should be looking at while testing? Is it this one? : https://i.imgur.com/QynklHf.png

    Thank you Chris!

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #10731
    cnganga
    cnganga
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    #10733
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #10737
    cnganga
    cnganga
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    #10738
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    I have found the problem. The widget was using a query which had the search parameter activated, therefore the Ajax Search Pro override was activated.

    I’ve added a few lines to the plugin to allow aborting the query on certain conditions.

    I’ve also added the following code to the functions.php file in your theme directory, please don’t remove it:

    This will make sure that in future updates the fix won’t disappear.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #10757
    cnganga
    cnganga
    Participant

    Hi,

    That has worked a treat, You have been a great help.

    Thanks
    Chris

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Index DB issues’ is closed to new replies.