Index Table does not exist

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Index Table does not exist

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    roypattillo
    roypattillo
    Participant

I have done everything in the troubleshooting.
    uninstalled and reinstalled. I turned off all plugings, tried the default template, but i still get the error “cant create index table. contact support. I even deleted the tables that get created for the plugin.

roypattillo
    roypattillo
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    roypattillo
    roypattillo
    Participant

I have a theory. This site is on a windows IIS server. I just installed it onto another site of mine that is Linux and it had no issues. Can this work on a windows server??

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the proper details, it helps a lot.

I thought the issue was that the database tables are missing, but it’s not the case. The plugin tried to get the tables, but they were not returned, even though the names were correct. Then I noticed, that in the wp-config.php file the table prefix is set to this:

‘s5zH1s2oeD_’

But the database returns it in lower-case, like this:

‘s5zh1s2oed_’

I didn’t want to touch that file, but I think that might have to be corrected, as I guess the actual database tables are created in lower case letters. (I just assume, because I can’t check that)

I’ve fixed it by changing the table names variable to lower case in the search plugin files, but that’s not a permanent solution, as some database engines are case sensitive in table names, so I can’t implement it into the upcoming release.

I recommend checking the actual table names in the database, and if the prefix is s5zh1s2oed_ in lower case, then you should change that in the wp-config.php file as well, just to make sure to prevent case conflicts.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

roypattillo
    roypattillo
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, I did, but the issue is still possibly the invalid value of the database prefix. I guess the ISS database table names are case sensitive, while the query it runs to check the talbes is not – which would explain the issue.

When any SQL command was executed based on the built in database prefix, they didn’t work, as the database server was not able to find that database. I guess the actual database tables are lowercase prefix, while the prefix in the wp-config.php file has upper case characters as well, causing the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.