Index table problem

This topic contains 42 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Shaun Shaun 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Yes, I also modified one more file: ajax-search-pro/backend/index_table.php

That’s the only 3 files I have changed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Shaun
    Shaun
    Participant

Hmm this is what i’ve done, but it doesn’t seem to work on production server:

1) Transferred the 3 files:
    – index_table.php
    – indextable.class.php
    – search_indextable.class.php

2) Checked in the back-end that all the setting are the same on production as on the stage server.
    3) Deleted index table
    4) Created new index table

It is very weird that it works on stage server and not on production. Or am i missing something?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That’s right, it should work, they must be identical.

You still got results in both languages or is it something else?

Does it work if you switch to the “Regular engine” instead of the “index table engine” on the search options panel?

I may have 1 more trick to try, but I honestly have no clue at this point what exactly is wrong. I feel like there are missing translation ID’s are causing the mystery, as I can’t think of any other possibility here.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Shaun
    Shaun
    Participant

Our site is mainly in french (default language). Its not activated in english or german yet. Yet it is only with the few products that have translations (in the backend) that we have a problem with. This English and German version of the products do not have an images. I’m guessing that the plugin is fetching the english or german version rather than the french version.

I tried switching to Regular engine but no change..

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, then there might be a different problem as well.

The regular engine joins the WPML translation tables with the posts tables, and filters the elements withe the correct translation code only. It might mean that there is some kind of mix-up with the translation codes or IDs.

I have no option but to study the WPML source and see what it does to new items, and missing translation IDs. I will probably make a few changes to the staging code that you can try on the production environment.

Will let you know when I have changed anything.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Shaun
    Shaun
    Participant

I have noticed that the image links are different on the production and staging server. On the production it seem that the end of the image url is cryptic.

I will join two screenshots for you. You can also see the different results i just with the same research

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It’s a difference in configuration of image cropping as far as I can tell. On the production the “Crop images for caching” option is turned ON on the Caching options panel, and on the staging is turned off. It basically saves a bit of server performance when turned off.

Can you give one or more example queries that I can try on the production, that returns results from both languages?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Shaun
    Shaun
    Participant

Sure you can check on this product: 160168

My office is closing right now and ill only be available next week tuesday. Dont stress yourself to much about it. It can wait tuesday 😉

Have a good week-end!

Shaun
    Shaun
    Participant

Hey there, had a good week-end?

Here are some more examples:

Since I have imported the changes you made on the staging server things do seems to be better. It looks like most of the translated products are showing the correct image. The images that aren’t showing could be a totally different problem. I will do some tests and try to narrow it down. I’ll let you know what i find.

Shaun out!

Shaun
    Shaun
    Participant

The products i’ve sent before don’t work on the stage server neither…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

They are working for me on the staging:

etc..

I see only one difference in configuration between the staging and the production. On the production, go to the Compatibility settings submenu and turn off the Crop Images for caching option: https://i.imgur.com/zYMlXLu.png

Maybe the crop script cannot recognize some of the image formats or codings.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Shaun
    Shaun
    Participant

Once again your found the solution! Thanks alot

Shaun
    Shaun
    Participant

Hey there Ernest.

I’m back again with a new question. Is it possible to sort the results that are outputed once you are directed to the result page. Ex: “fender custom shop”. I would like to sort it first by “product_stock” and then by title. My original “archive page” does this already, but does not seem to affect the result page from the ASP plugin.

Thanks,
    Shaun

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.