Indexed results will not appear in Context

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Indexed results will not appear in Context

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jim Behra
    Jim Behra
    Participant

Our site uses the Mai Lifestyle theme on WP 6.1.1
    I have successfully indexed several hundred pdf and docx files in my WP Media folder
    and have selected “Index table engine” as the Search engine.
    The following are Enabled:
    -Index PDF file contents
    -Index Office Word document contents
    -Show description contents in results
    -Display the description context
    -Highlight search text in live results
    -Highlight search text on single results pages
    -Highlight search text on the search results page

ASP is finding the indexed text in the files just fine and lists the file Titles in the live results box & on the results page.

The problem is that I can’t get the “Description Context” to appear for these indexed files, as it does for search results of Posts or Pages using the Regular engine.

According to the Media “File Search” example on your site, ASP is certainly able to do this, but I can’t get it to work, despite adjusting numerous settings. Our website users really need to see results in context.

Thanks for your help.
    Jim

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

Make sure to use the media service feature to index the document contents. That will extract a very accurate content from the files and store them locally. The built-in parsers can’t do that unfortunately, it is not possible to do within PHP only.

After reindexing via the media parser, the context should start appearing for most of the results. It is still far from perfect, but should work for most of them.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.