Indexing Page on Our Site

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Trent Bowen
    Trent Bowen
    Participant

I don’t know how to get the search to find the parts in the Parts Index page on our website http://www.aecontrol.us/part-index/. I created a search box and created a page ‘Test_Realm’.

I thought maybe the search wasn’t finding the parts index listing because it was on a spreadsheet and not available. Because of this, I created a new Table Press table, and put it on the page ‘Table_Test_Realm’. It is a near copy of the index page, however using the data in the table press plugin.

Having created this page, I published it briefly and tested the search, and it still doesn’t find the parts within the table.

Is there anyway that we can create an indexes for the page http://www.aecontrol.us/part-index/

If you have any thoughts or need clarification let me know.

Thanks,
    Trent Bowen

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Trent,

If I understand correctly you want to search and return the individual data displayed in the table, and the table contains come parts information. The problem is, that this is simply not possible. The plugin can return any post type (like products, posts, pages, portfolio), taxonomy terms (like categories, tags etc..) and some other wordpress generic objects – but in this case the parts are actually just part of the page description as one long text. (or as a shortcode in your case)

In order to be able to search and return the individual items (parts in your case), they should be stored as a custom post type (like a product, post, page or something similar per part). Then, by selecting to search that custom post type (on the General Options -> Sources panel) the plugin will be able to return them as results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Trent Bowen
    Trent Bowen
    Participant

Thank you for your very fast response. I will see what we can do and then ask if I need further assistance.

Thanks,
    Trent Bowen

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are very welcome. Let me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.