Infinite Scroll

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by smartbrand smartbrand 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    smartbrand
    smartbrand
    Participant

Hi,
    We’re trying to use Search Results with a Infinite Scroll but, something is wrong.

Maybe i don’t configure the plugin correctly to work fine (https://prnt.sc/w32q2d).

Can you help us?

Thaks in advance,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

smartbrand
    smartbrand
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    Excuse me, we need infinite scroll in result page. How can we configure it?
    In other sense, we add new cars to our database, but not show in results. Maybe is because we have to reindex it?If you filter by Ferrari you have to see similar results than you search Ferrari. But now can’t match results.
    Thanks,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That is not possible with this plugin, the results page is a theme/page builder feature that the plugin cannot control.

If you are importing the cars via a plugin, which does not trigger the “save_post” or other mandatory hooks, then it needs to be indexed – otherwise it is automatically added when saving the posts. Instead of constantly reindexing, I recommend using the automatic crond indexing feature: https://i.imgur.com/b2xvfaC.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

smartbrand
    smartbrand
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    Ok, about infinite scroll in result page. We try to add it our own way.
    We configure to index aboutWP Cron, and we reindex, but continue not matching results if you filer Ferrari and search Ferrari.
    Why?
    Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

If it is missing from both the search, and the filter, then there is something wrong with the post. The filter plugin is not made by us, so if it is missing from both, then it is not a plugin issue. Check if the correct categories/custom fields are selected, if the posts are published, usually that causes the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

smartbrand
    smartbrand
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    I explain bad… When we talk about Filters, we are talking about this (https://prnt.sc/w3t631).
    If you put Ferrari in the search, find 25 results (https://prnt.sc/w3t4qa). This is correct.
    But in the result page only returns 10.
    Thanks,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I understand, that is not our filter.

Make sure that the post type limit on the results page is set to a number higher than 10. If so, then there is probably an issue with the results page itself – missing pagination, something with the configuration in the theme options or something similar.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

smartbrand
    smartbrand
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    I don’t understand… You say that we can’t configure infinite scroll in result page. Ok, in this case we only can paginate. If we paginate in 10 cars, it have t paginate…. But only show 10 elements. Can see other 15 cars.

Thanks,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m saying, that the results page behavior and styling is something the plugin cannot affect unfortunately, it depends on the theme.

The plugin sends the search results to the results page in batches (10 per page, by default wordpress configuration), like the built-in search. But, if you have a custom query there, or a sort of archive module, with different number of results per page – then in that case try increasing the number of results per page here.
    By default it is requested from wordpress, but if you have a custom module on the results page, it might need to be adjusted to that. If you have it set to infinite in the results page module, then try entering a high number, like 999.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

smartbrand
    smartbrand
    Participant

Ok, thanks!

smartbrand
    smartbrand
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    We’re trying to change result limit to result page (https://prnt.sc/w59k2d). We want unlimited…. But always limit to 10 results. Is the default WordPress value.
    It’s possible?
    Thanks,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

As I written earlier, plase try changing it to the same number here as well. The plugin will try to push all of that to the first page, and if it is not limited by anything else (other plugin, theme), then it should be printed there.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

smartbrand
    smartbrand
    Participant

Hi Ernest!
    Thanks, changing this configuration works!
    Thanks you very much>

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.