Is it possible to have two search fields?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Is it possible to have two search fields?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    leroile
    leroile
    Participant

I was wondering whether I could have two text search fields?

Let’s say someone wants to find a dog walking job in Houston.

The first search field would be where the user enters the query (driver, or anything else really) and the second search field would be where the user would enter the city (Houston, TX, this is from a list of post type “location”). This concept is already implemented on websites like indeed.com.

I have already implemented ElasticSearch within WordPress to display the results, see here: https://salarship.com/search/l-Houston-TX-q-driver/ (the general URL is https://salarship.com/search/l-{city}-{state-code}-q-{text-query}) I just need to implement the double search bar for users to access those pages, it requires location to be selected from a list of post type location, the text query works with anything (can even by empty).

I also already have implemented a search bar that works with a location only, the only thing left is to add a second text search field. I have absolutely no idea how to do it with ajax search pro, or if it is even possible.

I am willing to pay a good development rate if it takes time beyond the standard support request.

Let me know if you are interested, Nathan

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Nathan,

Creating two search fields is not possible for a single search bar. I mean, you can make as many search bars as you need, but they will work independently.

If the location is stored as a custom field, then using a custom field filter is a possible route for this. The filter type can be a “drop down” with a search feature, or a text input field as well. We have a very similar setup for the staff and search filter demo.

Unfortunately we are not available for customization requests.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.