Issue with embedding HTML shortcode in results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Issue with embedding HTML shortcode in results

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    samek10467
    samek10467
    Participant

Hello,

I am having issues with placing a shortcode in the Ajax Search results

The URL is: https://antgrip.com

I wish to embed a contact form so that when a user searches and does not find anything, he is presented with a form calling him to action and adding him to the mailing list.

Can you please help me – I have made a full backup of the site in case you wish to change anything, but I kindly ask you to let me know what steps you took to solve the problem.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Samo

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Samo,

That field does not support shortcodes unfortunately, for the reason that most shortcodes probably would not work correclty in that scope.
    If adding a shortcode there is avoidable, I would rather recommend using regular HTML there, maybe putting a link to a page with the contact form(?).

If the shortcode is needed, the only way to do it is via results templating, and custom coding it there via the PHP version of that shortcode. But once again, even if you placed the form there, it probably would not work correctly – the styling and the functionality of the form would be broken, as usually those are not designed to be used in dynamically loaded content.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.