issue with floating search icon

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support issue with floating search icon

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sebastianrw47
    sebastianrw47
    Participant

Hi! first of all great plugin.

I have 2 questions:

1- Can I use the post database from another wordpress site? I have another wordpress site with hundred of posts (url A) and I want to people in another blog of mine (url B) use the same database of posts but inside url B.

2- How I can put the floating search icon inside all my wordpress site instead of one on one pages? can you help me?

Regards!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for your kind words.

1. Unfortunately this is not possible, the plugin can only access the local database.

2. Sure! You can either use a widget, that is visible sitewide, or you can also use a custom code with the plugin shortcode.

Try adding this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory. Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

add_action('wp_footer', 'asp_print_search_footer');
    function asp_print_search_footer() {
        echo do_shortcode('[wd_asp id=1']);
    }

Make sure to have the correct shortcode within the do_shortcode function call on line 3.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.