issues after update

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    usiteam
    usiteam
    Participant

Hello,

Our search was working fine up until the update. It was set to the vertical layout, but now its not working at all and i’ve checked all the settings. There are a couple other issues too, like highlighting search results, and the SEARCH FOR text showing in IE. None of these were issues before the upgrade. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you! Chantelle

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

From what I can see, this is going to be a cache related issue. If I check any other page on your site, the ajax search pro searchbar is displayed, while on the home page I see the default theme search. Clearing all layers of cache (page, CDN, Cloudflare, asset, varnish, browser cache etc..) will solve this issue for sure.
    – Cached home page: https://i.imgur.com/GYdCTa6.png
    – vs. any other page: https://i.imgur.com/dU70m6q.png

Another thing I noticed, that you have the results layout set to ‘block’, which is very likely not what you want, and will result in either pushing your header or weird result sizes. You can change that on the Layout Options -> Results layout panel: https://i.imgur.com/CXr2BTh.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

usiteam
    usiteam
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I believe the problem there is that the results position is set to “block” instead of the default “hovering”. You can change that on the Layout Options -> Results layout panel: https://i.imgur.com/y2p6oVF.png
    In this case, make sure to clear the cache after making the change, it will affect it.

If that option is set to the default “Hovering”, then this can also happen if you use the results shortcode (or a shortcode builder shortcode) blow the search bar – because it automatically forces the results to a block layout. If this is the case, I don’t recommend it. The simple search shortcode is the best to use in the header:

[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=1]
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

usiteam
    usiteam
    Participant

Hi

Thank you for your response. I have “hover” set and I am using the simple code in the header. The strange thing is that when I do one search I get the vertical result display. When I do a second search the results appear on a new page. Then any subsequent search displays the results on a new page as well.

The other issue is when I do the first search, the vertical results appear but it’s beneath my navigation. Before the update of the search plugin this was working fine, now it’s not. Do you know how I can remedy this?

Thanks,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Regarding the results position: there was a change in the z-index values in the recent updates, that might have been causing the problem. The solution fortunately is very simple, just use this custom CSS:

div[id*=ajaxsearchprores] {
        z-index: 100000 !important;
    }

However I’m not able to re-create the second issue to be honest. I’ve tried entering multiple items, but I always get the live results, no redirection. It may have been just a cache issue. Make sure to clear your browser cache, by reloading with CTRL + SHIFT + R buttons. If the problem persists, let me know how exactly it happens, and I will try those steps as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.