Jquery issue when updating to wordpress 5.6

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Jquery issue when updating to wordpress 5.6

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SICEnz60
    SICEnz60
    Participant

Hi Team
    Recently updated to WordPress 5.6 and found my site was no longer working. Completed some troubleshooting and while using the recommended Jquery Migrate Plugin it identified Ajax Search Pro as something that was causing an issue.
    Please see the attached screen showing the error notice.

I am currently using version 4.20.2 of Ajax Search Pro and have seen in the changelog there was a compatibility update for 5.6.
    Please note that I currently have Jquery migrate plugin active and set to use the legacy 1.12.4 option so my site keeps working.

Any advise or assistance on resolving this issue would be appreciated.
    Can’t seem to find much within the knowledgebase or comments section on codecanyon.
    Would prefer to keep using your plugin rather than find an alternative search option.

Many thanks
    Stan

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by SICEnz60 SICEnz60.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is a false positive find. The object property is existence checked before use, for backwards compatibility reasons – which the checker plugin cannot detect. I usually not recommend using compatibility check plugins, or taking them with a grain of salt, as they can detect only substrings in script files, and not complex programmatical structures.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

SICEnz60
    SICEnz60
    Participant

Thanks for the reply and update.
    After doing further troubleshooting, I identified a snippet that was actually causing the issue.
    All is resolved and working as it should now.
    All the best

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.