Live Load Results – Pagination/Load More

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Live Load Results – Pagination/Load More

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by SRUKen SRUKen 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SRUKen
    SRUKen
    Participant

Just starting to test and use your search plugin, liking it so far. One question I had, not sure if it is a bug or something I have configured incorrectly, or if it simply isn’t a feature right now, I’m trying to use the search settings to filter a product archive. I have the filter working which is great, but I can’t seem to use pagination or load more results. I can get it to load more results, but they don’t match the filters. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong or not as I tried a few different settings in your plugin.

Just a little additional information, I’m using a theme builder called Bricks Builder and I’ve created a button that will load more results into the query, but it doesn’t load more using the filters applied from your plugin, is there a way I can possibly pass the filter in code with the button or do you have any other suggestions?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words!

Usually combining two separate plugin features doesn’t end well – just like in this case. I have only seen a very few “infinite loader” features work properly. Usually they are custom coded to do specific queries on their own, or they simply load the next page and does not account for the current page query URL (which holds the search information). When that happens, they just try to load the next page, without the search paramaters, causing this issue.
    Unfortunately from the search plugin perspective we can’t do anything about it as it is beyond our control.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

SRUKen
    SRUKen
    Participant

Okay, that makes sense. Could I get pagination or load more to work if replace the query with your results shortcode?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes, possibly that could work – but please note that the results shortoce is designed to place the live search results on the same page somewhere else, not exactly for search results archive replacement.
    However, it is still possible to “trick” the search to make it work like that, this documentation will explain how.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

SRUKen
    SRUKen
    Participant

Okay, thanks for your time. I’ll take a look at that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Live Load Results – Pagination/Load More’ is closed to new replies.