Live Results archive template(s)

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Live Results archive template(s)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ibates_asp
    ibates_asp
    Participant

Firstly, this plugin is great. It saves countless hours of search configurations and puts them all into a nice GUI with immediate results upon saving.

The setup:
    I’m using a theme built off of the default Underscores.me template builder (https://underscores.me/), and have added a taxonomy archive template for some added customization elsewhere on the page, not the WP loop. I have custom post types and custom taxonomies defined as a new plugin to keep things tidy. I am running the Custom Field Suite plugin as the free-alternative to ACF Pro. The results do not filter when searching/updating my search settings. The same is true for my default “archive.php” template. No live loading results. I am trying to make an archive grid of cards that link to the individual custom post type posts.

I enabled the Live Search results and have changed the DOM targets to match my markup. The Live search does work on an individual taxonomy term page “taxonomy-${taxonomy}.php” template but not on the “archive-${post_type}.php” template.

The docs (https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/behavior/results_page_live_loader#how-to-enable-the-live-loader) state this should work on archives – or is this only specific taxonomy terms, and not the overall archives landing page of a custom post type?

Does it occur if you disable all other plugins?
    – Disabled other plugins not tied to search instance like Contact Form 7. Custom Field Suite has fields in the ASP configuration

Does it occur if you change the theme?
    – No, changed to “twentytwenty”. live results still don’t load on the the custom post type “archives-${post_type}.php” or “archives.php” template, individual custom taxonomy archives are in working order.

Can you see any error messages?
    – No

Can you check your error log
    – Yes, no errors

Is there a barebones example WP theme setup where the ASP Live Results works on an archive.php template WITHOUT using Elementor, or can someone provide insight if this will work? I already know the functionality will not work with the “Page” templates as stated in other threads/internet.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by ibates_asp .
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The issue in this case is, that Post Type archive pages are not yet supported – that is why the option says Taxonomy Archives specifically. It was a planned feature along with taxonomy archives, but there were major issues, which we could not resolve yet. Most of the time it worked great, but due to some WordPress related limits it ended up being unusable for some configurations, and we could not risk that.

It is a work in progress though, so it should be available very soon in one of the next releases.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ibates_asp
    ibates_asp
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll play around with using different templates for the time being. Do you have an estimate on release date, and if this feature will be in that deployment? Looks like it will be a welcomed feature to in the community! Thanks for all the hard work.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

We have a stable beta version now, I am attaching it to this reply. After installation, you should see an option on the Search Behavior panel.

It is still possible it may not work though, post type archive pages are a super problematic to properly detect, because of the default posts/blog static pages and the lack of core WP methods to detect them.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.