Loading, failures and bad results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Loading, failures and bad results

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #9054
    Rothwild
    Rothwild
    Participant

    Hey Supporter,

    after the update (and before (but now support is necessary)) we have several problems. We had try a lot: disable all plugins, restart. Nothing. Clear Cache, disable cache, use other browser, restart caching. Nothing. Clear index, create new index. Nothing.

    1. The page ?page=asp_settings&asp_sid=1 is loading, loading, loading, loading, loading … … … we can’t make any change. Also in sid=2

    2. We can’t make changes in order to eliminate the notification: The asp_upload/ directory is not writeable! This is annoying.

    3. The worst: The search doesn’t find all expression in our taxonomies. We are working a lot with taxonomies, and we will provide several languages (with WPML) – but the search in en_EN is quite different to de_DE. All taxonomies are copied.

    Please take a look …

    Kind Regards,
    Florian

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #9057
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi!

    Thanks for the proper details, it helped me a lot.

    1. I’ve found the problem and corrected, but I might have to contact PHP issue trackers, because a variable was recognized as an array, while it was a string. I have no idea how, or why. Never seen that before. Anyways, I’ve noted this as a bug to be permanently fixed in the upcoming bugfix release.

    2. The upload path given by the wp filesystem class was not correct for some reason. I’ve googled around and it appears that it’s a less known issue happening in rare cases, but there was a fix of course. The message should be gone now.

    I will investigate both of these new bugs in more detail on a test environment, to include a proper fix for the upcoming version.

    3. Where can I switch the language on the front-end to test this? I cant seem to find a switch, and the search will work in the currently active language, which is english at the moment. I’m not sure I uderstand correclty the problem: Can you give me an example of a phrase and an expected result, or how it is not correct? I’m sorry, but I have to make sure I investigate in the correct place 🙂

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #9059
    Rothwild
    Rothwild
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    #9070
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi again!

    Thanks for the details.

    I have found the cause. It was suspicious that some results with the taxonomy term were present, when others don’t. When I opened the post in question and save it without any changes, it instantly appeared in the results list – meaning it was not indexed.

    Then I went to the index table page and re-created the index, and indeed there were missing elements, as the keywords count went up to 91k from 56k. I guess the posts were duplicated for translation after the index table was created, so they were missing from the index table. The duplicate process does not automatically trigger indexing, as it would probably cause a timeout error.
    Only saving/editing/deleting posts update the table automatically, as individual items does not take too much CPU to index.

    Also, the limit to the results is set to 10 – so the item might not appear, but I think you can safely increas it to 50, based on your server performance.

    In case you plan to import/duplicate large amounts of items, I suggest re-creating the index table after, to make sure newly created elements are indexed properly.

    I hope this solved the problem!

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #9086
    Rothwild
    Rothwild
    Participant

    Great! Thank you very much – you earned an great review on code canyon. 😉

    But – i found another bug – see the attachment: Different taxonomies as filter got the same headline … thats not really nice … 😉

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #9088
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Indeed, I have found the cause and fixed that as well. This fix will be included in the next release as well.

    The issue was related to WPML. Basically the box header text was not identified with the taxonomy name to WPML, so it returned the same text for both boxes. I’ve added an additional parameter to distinguish them by taxonomy.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #9089
    Rothwild
    Rothwild
    Participant

    Believe me: Your simply the best!

    #9099
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.