logic problem

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    padi65
    padi65
    Participant

https://homead.org/. please check the ajax filter . the problem is that. is not searching as it is expected. i need it to search with each individual dropdown, rather than only giving results when both dropdown menus and the price range have been set. if i set only, for example. sales in central london and press search i expect all sales in central london to be displayed, but Ajax is only displaying results when all filter options are selected. Also, the property id text box , when filled , and no other filter options filled, and press search, is not giving any results, because Ajax expects all filters to be selected with options. I changed the logic to OR. but still problem persists. Please help me . thank you. oscar

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The plugin should work exactly as you described, so I believe the drop-down values are not set correctly.

I assume you use a custom field filter for the property type and the property category. I see, that the “Select” option value is also set to “Select”, which is not correct, as the plugin will try to match these field values with the “Select” string.
    To correct that, make sure, that the “Select” option has no value set for both filters, like so:
    – Property type: https://i.imgur.com/2j19Rht.png
    – Category: https://i.imgur.com/CqGDV86.png

This will yield the non-selected values properly, as an empty value, and very likely resolve the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

padi65
    padi65
    Participant

excellent. It works now. Thanks. If i may give some constructive feedback:
    – explain [what you just taught me ]within Ajax itself
    – separate the edit icons from the delete icons
    – offer dropdowns for categories. Everybody uses post categories, but the checkboxes Ajax offers for categories dont work well on ipad or phone as they are contained within a box
    – Remove unnecessary options. Trying to find the important options is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the feedback, I really appreciate it 🙂
    Addition:
    – Drop-downs for categories are actually possible, via the display mode option here.
    The rest is of course welcome 🙂

If you don’t mind, I will close this topic soon and mark it as resolved, feel free to open another one if you have other questions or issues.

If you like the plugin, feel free to rate it on your codecanyon downloads page, it’s greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.