Long words

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by fillip2907 fillip2907 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    fillip2907
    fillip2907
    Participant

Hi there

Search is not searching for the words greater than 10-11 letters. Examples is the word “reconciliation”.
    It searches till reconciliat but for the complete word, it gives no result. Same happens for a few other long words too.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I cannot seem to be able to re-create this issue on any of my test/live environments. Can you please provide more details (url, back-end and FTP access) so I can investigate it further?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

fillip2907
    fillip2907
    Participant

Seems i could not explain myself well. Sorry for that.

So, iam using user search based on the user bio content. Now if any keyword is more than 11 letters (or characters), the search fails to search those users.

So if i am searching for ROME, it will do. But if i search for MASSACHUSSETTS, it will give no result as this keyword has more than 11 letters (or characters).

Is there any hook that can let me to increase maximum allowed character for a keyword?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The problem is that there is no limit for the maximum number for a keyword.

I’ve just tested by creating a user with this in his bio:

asodiaosdjdjdjdjdjoasijd asidjoaisjofkbnjh21brjh12br1jh2br asdpoasdasdiiiiasdi ajsdjalskjdlaskjdlajsdkasjdd

Searching any of these words as a whole is returning a user correctly as expected.

If you are searching posts based on user Bio using the index table engine, than make sure to turn off the “Show exact matches” only option, as in that case the Regular engine is used: https://i.imgur.com/NWhIhc3.png
    The regular engine cannot search the user bio unfortunately.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

fillip2907
    fillip2907
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That’s it! There is indeed an error there with the exact matching exception replacement code!

I’m surprised nobody noticed it yet. More interestingly it works in most cases, but not always.

I’m going to fix this as well for the upcoming release. Thank you very much for notifying me! Until the next release, please don’t use that field, just to be sure it won’t cause any problems.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

fillip2907
    fillip2907
    Participant

Sure sir.

I have one more question. Is it possible to change rank of users for any keyword? Like if i want user a, user c & user e to be on the top of the list rather seeing the ranking like user a, user b, user c, and so on.

I am working on a job website. So i want specific people (with good resume skills) to rank above others. In short, is it possible to change ranking?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately that is not possible with users. Ranking is only available for posts and post type objects.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

fillip2907
    fillip2907
    Participant

Ok. One more important thing. I am using isotropic search layout. It works fine but on phone, per box result seems too big. Is it possible to take care of the mobile display specifically? Like showing only one result box at once on phones only? Desktop version is perfect

fillip2907
    fillip2907
    Participant

Hi Ernest

How to trigger the same search? Presently, if I press enter the second time (keeping the same keyword), it does not re-trigger the search. You need to refresh the page to re-trigger the search. How should it be done?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Long words’ is closed to new replies.