Lost off-screen…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rideralberta
    rideralberta
    Participant

Hi there,

Another issue came today. Sometimes, a search will place an isotope image beyond the bottom of the page. But there is no way to scroll down to see for two reasons. In static mode (where the display remains fixed when you scroll up or down), the bottom results stay hidden. In the mode where you can scroll down to see further results, the results keep wanting to float to the top. I can’t win!

Suggestions on how to always see results in most browser sizes?

rideralberta
    rideralberta
    Participant

Actually, I find the display is often random…. either one long column, or sometimes stacked. I’ve attached to images where the results went off the page, and I had no way to scroll to see them.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s due to the fixed menu position, where the search is placed. It always stays on the top, regardless of the page scroll, and since the search is positioned in there, it has the same behavior.

One solution would be to disable the menu fixation on smaller screen devices. I would probably recommend this, as it gives more visibility of your site.

Another is to perhaps use two search instances, one for bigger screen sizes, another for smaller ones in different positions. The desktop version would stay where it is now, but the mobile version would be in a different position.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.