Lot's of CSS Warnings – Sloppy coding

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Lot's of CSS Warnings – Sloppy coding

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by vfontjr vfontjr 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vfontjr
    vfontjr
    Participant

If you use Safari’s inspect element, there are 15 CSS warnings related to your inline CSS. Most of these are related to the filter: progid: syntax required for IE, but quite a few are because your code is inserting an extra blank semi-colon at the end of the css declarations. There is one place in the functions.php file where you have a double semi-colon and the CSS also displays a double semi-colon at the end of a box-shadow line.

I know these are just warnings and shouldn’t prevent the proper operation of the code, but for a paid plugin, this is sloppy work and should be corrected.

[Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (shop, line 370)
    [Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: ; (shop, line 371)
    [Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (shop, line 386)
    [Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: ; (shop, line 387)
    [Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (shop, line 635)
    [Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (shop, line 667)
    [Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (shop, line 711)
    [Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: ; (shop, line 712)
    [Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (shop, line 874)
    [Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (shop, line 879)
    [Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (shop, line 885)
    [Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: ; (shop, line 886)
    [Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: ; (shop, line 887)
    [Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (shop, line 913)
    [Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: ; (shop, line 914)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Indeed, it appears that the gradient calculator gives an invalid output, as all the errors refer to a similar structured CSS.

It of course needs fixing, it didn’t occur to me, as my IE console was supressing CSS related errors for some magical reason. While I don’t like using IE, their developer console is one of the most informative of all browsers due to it’s sensitivity.

If you don’t mind, I’m not going to touch anything on your server for this issue. I’m almost finished with the next update, I will take care of this issue as well before release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

vfontjr
    vfontjr
    Participant

Thank you. I’m a full-time developer also. This stuff isn’t easy sometimes. I feel your pain.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.