Menu cloning

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    samsfisher
    samsfisher
    Participant

Hi Ernest Marcinko,

First great plugin!

What i face is integrating with my website. http://www.arttsy.com

I am using Ajax search pro within uber menu. It works fine in the desktop resolution. However when i take it to mobile mode the following happens

1) My theme uses jPanelMenu sliding menu. During initialization it clones the site navigation (including the ubermenu)
    2) While the search bar appears in the mobile menu it is not operational. I am facing the problem as explained by David Engstrøm 3 and 3a. The search bar does not work or the settings.

What i want is a way to incorporate AJax search in mobile menu.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I have moved your reply to a new ticket, it’s more convenient this way.

I checked the website and the problem is with the cloning. All of the ajaxsearchpro instances are using a unique id. The menu clones all of it’s contents including the search, so there are two elements with the same id’s on one page. Two elements with the same id’s on the same page cannot exist, it’s against the w3c standards.
    Besides that the client side cloning faces another issue, that even if there was no ID on the search element, the initialization event was fired when the page was loaded, and that step cannot be repeated. (it’s the jQuery(document).ready(…))

In other words it is impossible to put anything inside that mobile menu that is using javascript or any javascript library like jQuery as long as it clones the contents of another element.

A way to solve this is probably by editing the search id when it’s cloned (or after cloning), I’m not sure if it’s possible, and then make a new initialisation event for that new search instance.

I can take a look at that if you can send me temporary ftp/admin access, but I cannot promise that I can solve this (it might be impossible). Please open a new ticket with the login details and I will take a look at your site.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.