migration: cool, but a bit hardcore…

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support migration: cool, but a bit hardcore…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    philby
    philby
    Participant

Hi,

just a quick FYI: when I exported my two search instances from a staging server, and then imported them into my local dev server (Pressmatic: Apache in a Docker container), ASP told me “successfully imported 2 search instances”.

However, those instances were not visible in WP at any time.

I noticed that there were 3 _mig_ajaxsearchpro tables in MySQL, so I renamed them to ajaxsearchpro* (deleted the migration _mig_ bit). That worked, and everything seems to have migrated perfectly, but I’m not sure this is the way it should be.

Thanks,
    Phil

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Phil,

There must have been an error at migrating the database tables for some reason. The plugin does not have any built in migration processes, so the “_mig_” tables are probably the result of a failed table move by the migration software I guess.

If there is anything in the error log of the migration process of what could have caused the issue, let me know and I will look into that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

philby
    philby
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

actually, before using ASPs migration procedure, I tried migrating the database using Migrate DB Pro, which resulted in “WordPress database error: [Unknown collation: ‘utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci’].

So I guess those _mig_ tables were created by ASP.

What I don’t understand is why ASP told me that it “successfully imported 2 search instances”, but then did not display them anywhere (nor did I see any ajaxsearchpro tables anywhere in MySQL).

Anyway, it seems to work now 🙂

Thanks, Phil

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Phil,

I will look into that success message, it might be incorrect. It’s not double checked if the imported instances indeed exist in the database, it just prints out the success message if there is no error returned. I can imagine that it’s possible that no error message is thrown if the import query is executed, but has no affected rows 🙂

Anyways, thanks for reporting this issue!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

philby
    philby
    Participant

Ah, just saw that I miswrote: I meant, of course, that those _mig_ tables were not created by ASP, but rather by Migrate DB Pro. Sorry.

-Phil

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘migration: cool, but a bit hardcore…’ is closed to new replies.