Missing posts in search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Missing posts in search results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bzed82
    bzed82
    Participant

Hello dear support,

I seem to have an issue with the search results.

When I set ordering in general options to be – date desc, relevance – I can see a few posts that match the keyword “ecuador”
    but when I change to relevance, date desc – those few posts no longer appear for the word “ecuador”

I am not sure what is wrong. Can you assist me in figuring it out ?

Thanks,
    -Mark

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The plugin always try to follow the ordering, up to the limit. I guess the results are missing because the limit (default 10) is met, and no more results are displayed. If you increase the post type limit under the General Options -> Limits panel, it should resolve the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

bzed82
    bzed82
    Participant

I increased the limit to 100, but it didn’t change anything.

I attached screenshots –

Capture.png – when ordering is date desc and relevance – I see the top 2 most recent posts from 2021, 2019
    Capture2.png – when ordering is relevance and then date desc – I never see those 2021,2019 posts any more

There aren’t a lot of results for “educador” in our system, so something is weird here.

What else can I try ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I just tried both versions, and I can see all of the results in both cases: https://i.imgur.com/l6AWKr8.png
    ( I temporarily changed the layout for the screenshot to only see the titles so I don’t have to scroll down in the results list )
    The left is Relevance -> Date descending, the right picture is Date descending -> Relevance

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.