Mobile search not working

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wolfproductions
    wolfproductions
    Participant

Hi there,

Basically, this search is set up how we want it but not working at all on mobile and I have no idea why!

Please advice/fix

Thanks for your help!

Look forward to hearing from you asap.

Thanks again

wolfproductions
    wolfproductions
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The problem is that the menu actually makes a DOM clone of the search bar in mobile view, so the same searcb bar is ‘copied’, creating invalid HTML and loss of attached event handlers. This is a very bad practice, and it cannot be resolved with any custom code or option – as the issue is caused by the html cloning itself.
    The only possible resolution is to use the search bar in a different position instead. Some menus are simply not made to hold interactive (javascript powered) elements. A simple search form without any features would work, but anything that uses javascript will most likely fail in that position.

I hope designers will stop using this copy/clone method in menus once and for all, and use CSS media queries instead for much better compatibilty. It is already very rare, but still used.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.