Multiple category slim result

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Multiple category slim result

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mediapoolen
    Mediapoolen
    Participant

Hi!
    On the website we present books for students.
    All books are individual posts and marked with categorys depending on age-aproprietness

The book: Monster grå letar färger has the category SFI (Swedish for imigrants) it is also marked with the TAG lättläst (“easy read” in Swedish).

Another book: Erik står i mål is also in category SFI and has the same TAG lättläst. But this book also has three additional categories.

When I choose to only check the SFI category in the search box and type lättläst I would like to see all results with SFI category and tag lättläst but I only get the ones with only SFI and not the other potential hits.

If check all the boxes I will ofcourse get hits on books with the TAG lättläst but that might not be in the category SFI.

Is it possible to do this?
    I cant figure it out through reading documentation and old tickets.

Regards Andreas

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The logical dilemma here is that unchecked categories are treated as exclusions. Therefore if any of the results for “lättläst” matches any of the unchecked categories, then of course it’s excluded.

However I think there might be an option to help you. By default all the term selectors are connected with kind of an AND logic. Therefore the plugin will look for items matching each term (category) not counting the missing terms – in other words no result can have an unchecked or excluded category or term.

There is however a different logic (OR) built in – which is more “loose”. It allows unchecked categories, but at least 1 category must match from the non excluded ones.
    To change that logic, go to the General Options -> Behavior and change the Category/Term logic option to OR: https://i.imgur.com/0tDOp2m.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.