new update: search instances – missing settings

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support new update: search instances – missing settings

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    tschak8961
    tschak8961
    Participant

Hi,
    i just auto-updated to 4.20.7 and i can´t change anything within search instances because all the options are gone. (see screenshot)
    same issue with a new created instance. i already tried a manual update as well as deactivating other plugins. no error messages shown.

search itself & main plugin settings seems to work fine as always.

greets andreas

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try clearing your site and browser cache. Looks like there is some sort of a script conflict there and it prevents the options from loading properly.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

tschak8961
    tschak8961
    Participant

Hi,
    Cheers for the quicky reply. I tried clearing site and browser cache – didn´t do the trick.

however i recieved an automatic error reply by wordpress

Fehler-Details
    ==============
    Ein Fehler vom Typ E_ERROR wurde in der Zeile 239 der Datei /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/backend/tabs/instance/general/behaviour.php verursacht. Fehlermeldung: Uncaught ValueError: Unknown format specifier “”” in /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/backend/tabs/instance/general/behaviour.php:239
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/backend/tabs/instance/general/behaviour.php(239): sprintf()
    #1 /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/backend/tabs/instance/general_options.php(55): include(‘…’)
    #2 /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/backend/search.php(295): include(‘…’)
    #3 /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/backend/settings.php(6): include(‘…’)
    #4 /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/core/class-asp-menu.php(147): include(‘…’)
    #5 /var/www/wordpress/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(292): WD_ASP_Menu::route()
    #6 /var/www/wordpress/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(316): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
    #7 /var/www/wordpress/wp-includes/plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action()
    #8 /var/www/wordpress/wp-admin/admin.php(259): do_action()
    #9 {main}
    thrown

any ideas?
    Best regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You may have a corrupted file there. The error refers to a file that has not been changed in the most recent release. Try deactivating, deleting then re-uploading the plugin. That should resolve the file corruption issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tschak8961
    tschak8961
    Participant

Hi,
    i also tried that. and tried to install an older version. didn´t work.
    you are right, it may not be update related.

the only other cause i could imagine is: we changed from ngx to apache a couple of days ago.

see php info attached.

but i don´t know, if that caused something and how to fix it, since other plugins work.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tschak8961
    tschak8961
    Participant

Hi,

i am sry – we use wordpress for our intranet and therefore access is not possible.
    is there any other way you can help me remote? any screenshots or other information i can provide?

best regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m afraid no. Did you install the plugin via the plugin manager or via uploading via FTP?
    If you did via FTP, make sure to do it via the plugin manager.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tschak8961
    tschak8961
    Participant

I did via plugin-manager.

If i export my search instance and then do a “wipe and deactivate” and import the search instance in a fresh install, will every option of my search instance be as before?
    As a last try i will go for that…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It should be, yes. I was just about to recommend a plugin wipe, in case there is a data consinstency issue. If there is something with the data, then be prepared that the export file might be corrupted as well. Take a few screenshots of the options just in case.
    I think it’s highly unlikely, the error reported there looks completely different. I checked the reported file again for errors, but it looks perfectly fine.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Wait, I may have found something. I just udpated all php8 modules, and was able to replicate the issue. I found that a specifier was not working properly with the sprintf() function with php8. I’m not sure why, but I replaced it with something different and now it is okay.

Please:

1. Open up the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/backend/tabs/instance/general/behaviour.php file on your server
    2. Replace it’s contents with this
    3. Save

Then it should work all right.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tschak8961
    tschak8961
    Participant

WOAH! That did the trick.
    Thank you – that was very helpful.

5 Star rating incoming…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.