nhvgy_asp_index is growing immensely big – outsource to a second database maybe?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support nhvgy_asp_index is growing immensely big – outsource to a second database maybe?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    braino65
    braino65
    Participant

Hi there!

Since I am working with imported data via an API I have a huge amount of custom posts.

Your Search plugin can index all of that without a problem but the table nhvgy_asp_index became by far the biggest position in my database.

So i was thinking it might be a smart idea to maybe outsource this data to a second database which could then be even something better than sql and simmulate a saas solution in a way. That way the other database only pushes the current in nhvgy_asp_index saved data and the wordpress-database gets smaller and lighter and faster by a huge amount with such a solution.

What is your opinion on that?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I don’t think it is neccessary. MySQL or MariaDB can handle really big databases (multiple TB’s of data). The table size should not matter, until the indices are set right, and they are for sure. I googled a bit around, and most people generally have similar experiences.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.