- July 11, 2017 at 2:23 am #13924
Hi, I am very happy to get this great plugin which I desired, but I am a WP beginner, to know some documentation for me is a little difficult, even it is simply enough.
1. https://www.abodestay.com/hosts-search/ I want to use a filter in custom fields for Hosts type. or search box for Hosts type, and display results in this page. https://www.abodestay.com/host-search-results/. also I would like to replace the original filter as Ajax search, but I do not know why it does work fine, for example, I just want to filter the hosts from Alaska, so I click the drop down box, whatever which state I selected, I will get the same result, in search box as well, once inputting more than 2 characters, will cause no result.
2. I have read some documentation about how to redirect results to another page, and tried to paste the piece of code to function.php of active theme, but no effects. ?
I am using toolset to build my website, which plugin is the similar as ACF, but easier. if I set the search result as default, it should be a correct result, if I only use it for custom types or custom fields, it will go wrong.
Thank you so much for your help!
- This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Numaphon.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.July 11, 2017 at 2:13 pm #13932
Thank you for the proper details!
1. The issue was that the filter operator was set incorrectly: https://i.imgur.com/w0KuDlI.png
I’ve corrected that, now the results will respect the custom fields filter. This also caused the issue, when something was entered, no results were displayed. Now you should start seeing the results properly.
2. WordPress does not work like that, you cannot make a custom results page to redirect to, it’s not possible. The only thing that is possible, is to display the default results page on a different URL (but it will not change it’s layout). You can find a tutorial here: http://wpengineer.com/2258/change-the-search-url-of-wordpress/
Once a different permalink solution is created, you can enter this pattern to the custom URL section of the ajax search pro redirect option. I only recommend this, if you have a very good experience with symbolic links and templates.
To replace the search on the https://www.abodestay.com/host-search-results/ page, you could use the ajax search pro shortcodes in the Visual Composer editor:
1. Open the page, and change these elements: https://i.imgur.com/uERWv6j.pngBest,
2. Add the search shortcode: https://i.imgur.com/3DSCPBe.png
3. ..and the results shortcode: https://i.imgur.com/BbQmIoA.png
3. So it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/yFrVibk.png
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.