no results for any key word

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support no results for any key word

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    apbalice71
    apbalice71
    Participant

All of a sudden any search term we put in has no results. When we first installed it, it can return results successfully. Could you check for us what’s wrong? We already created a index table.

Note: our site is htpasswd protected – login: wt50 password: wt50

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure!

You have a date filter enabled, and both the “from” and “to” dates are set to the same day: https://i.imgur.com/6UkJiTo.png
    That basically filters out every possible result.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

apbalice71
    apbalice71
    Participant

Thank you! We’ve some more questions.

1. We’d like to put the search results and settings in a absolute position box, which won’t be visible when the page loads and there’s no search. How do we make it so that the search settings will appear when somebody did a search and there are results?

2. So the “more results” won’t work when there’s grouping. How do people get to the next page of results when grouping enabled then?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

1. You could try using the javascript API. Whenever the results are shown the asp_results_show event is triggered. You can attach an event handler to that, and make the box visible via the code.

2. That only affects the live results list. In that case, only the first batch of the results is displayed, without the “load more” feature.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

apbalice71
    apbalice71
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Try:

ASP.api(1, "toggleSettings", "show");

It was incorrectly documented, I have corrected that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.