No results on search page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    daworks70
    daworks70
    Participant

Hi,

I am testing this search software for a client and created a few test pdfs. When I enter the name into the search box they show up in the pop up but not when hit hit return or click on the checkbox. Type 222 in the input box and do either and you will get a blank archive page without results.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure that the search override feature is enabled, that should resolve the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

daworks70
    daworks70
    Participant

Hi,

The search override was on. Still not working.

If I type “cert” and hit enter or click on the magnifying glass it will find the pdfs I tagged with cert and display them on a page. However if I type 222 and do the same nothing comes up on the search page (just in the live ajax search) The client wants them to show in the search result page.

Any ideas?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am seeing something strange on the results page, when the PDF results are shown. Whenever I search for “222”, the results page acutally displays as if there was one result, but there is nothing in the results loop. That means, the plugin actually sends that one result to the results page, but maybe there is some sort of a conditional check or something – and then it prints nothing.
    The keyword “cert” works, as there is one other item on the bottom of the results list, which is not an attachment – so I’m guessing that programmatic check does not trigger, and prints the results.

If you made any changes to the search.php file or template part – check if there is any conditional check for maybe the results count by post type or something similar (like image check, excerpt check, content check or anything), that may stop the results from printing.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

daworks70
    daworks70
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That looks all right to me as well.

Dos anything change if you shwitch to the default theme (twentytwenty)?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.