Not all search results are shown!

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Not all search results are shown!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ShaunC ShaunC 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ShaunC
    ShaunC
    Participant

Hey there! Everything is working great except for one small issue. I have the plugin set to open a results page after searching, and it always outputs one product less than what should be there! So if there are meant to be twelve products on the page, it will only show eleven… If there are meant to be two it will only show one. Sorry, I’m sure it’s a setting I’ve overlooked but I can’t find it!

It is searching for WooCommerce products.

Cheers,
    Shaun

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Shaun,

It looks like the problem is caused by the fact that the search in posts is enabled on the search settings, but the results page is can only display products seemingly. The empty spaces are actually post results, but they are not displayed.

If you don’t need to search in posts, just turn off the “Search in posts” option on the General Options -> Sources panel, and it hopefully solves the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ShaunC
    ShaunC
    Participant

Hi Ernest, thanks for the reply!

I thought it may be something like this. As the search results open in a new page, is it possible to show both products and normal posts? (My client does want to search posts as well.) Is it possible to show products and posts?

I’m currently using this to output product results:

?s={phrase}&post_type=product

Thanks again!

Shaun

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I don’t think it’s possible on that results page. The layout of that result page is controlled either by the current theme (if it has a woocommerce theme part) or woocommerce itself, since it’s redirected with the “post_type=product” query variable.
    Ajax Search Pro actually forwards the post results to that page, but it seems like they are ignored, since those are not products, or for some other reason.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ShaunC
    ShaunC
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Ok, thank you for that. You can mark this as closed.

Cheers,
    Shaun

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Not all search results are shown!’ is closed to new replies.