Order Live Search Results

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bizographyinc
    bizographyinc
    Participant

I would like to show Page-type Posts in the live search regardless of relevancy. For example, if I type, Law Firm or Personal Injury Law, I would like all page type post to show up first as priority over any other post type, and then show all of the other post blog and categories associated with the key words, Law Firm or Perosnal Injury.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

When using that grouping feature, make sure this option is disabled: https://i.imgur.com/d6p4qXb.png
    That will prevent reordering the result groups based on the best relevancy.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

bizographyinc
    bizographyinc
    Participant

Okay, I got that taken care of!!

Now, is there a way to tier categorize certain post categories in that same order? For example, I have a blog post that I post using the category ‘vendor’, and I would like the RSS feed post to show under those posts in the live search. So, I would like to display in the live search under the pages my post that I post using the category I set as ‘vendor’, and under that I would like RSS feeds to display.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, based on your description this may not be possible.

If you mean restricting the post results to the “vendor” category, that is actually doable.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bizographyinc
    bizographyinc
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

Thanks for your response, Can you please confirm, I’m not sure I understand. Is it possible to sort search results by in a specific order
    for example, I would like the results to include Landing Pages at the top and blog posts by categories next. If this is possible, please provide steps on how to do it.

Thank you so much!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

For different post types you can do the post type ordering.

In more complex cases I recommend taking a look at priority groups – which lets you prioritize items by custom fields or categories. To prioritize certain items, you can also try the individual priorities.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.