Overlay on mouseover gone

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wsbaber
    wsbaber
    Participant

Upgraded to 4.9.8 and the the “show overlay on mouseover” feature in isotopic results has disappeared! This is core functionality for my site. Any issues with GeneratePress? Can you confirm this is working correctly on other themes?

Thanks,
    Bill

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,

The feature works on all of my test servers and the demo servers as well. We did not recieve any tickets regarding issues with this feature yet. It should not be affected by the theme you are using, it’s mostly controlled by javascript.
    Make sure to clear all layers of cache you have – including page, assets, browser, varnish, CDN etc.. I suspect it might serve the old plugin files.

I tried to open the URL provided, but it does not work for me, can you please check it?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

wsbaber
    wsbaber
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Used W3 to flush cache with no effect. I really like and need your plugin. Hope we can get this solved. Here is the url again: http://factsinfocus.org/

Best,
    Bill

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks Bill.

I think I see why, but I don’t know what exactly is the cause. Anyways, I think I have a quick solution, but it will require to make 1 minor change in the plugin files:

1. Open up the wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\includes\views\asp.shortcode.php file on your server
    2. Change line 64 from this:

if (!self::$dataPrinted){

to this:

if (!self::$dataPrinted || 1){

3. Save the file & clear all caches again.

If my suspicion was correct, then this should solve the problem. In that case, I will look more into it on my test enviromnet for a different, permanent solution for the upcoming version.

If you can’t make changes or need help with it, just update your ticket details with temporary FTP access and I will do it for you.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wsbaber
    wsbaber
    Participant

IT WORKED!! Thank you for going beyond your normal support hours and for your thoughtful well described instructions.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Overlay on mouseover gone’ is closed to new replies.