Page reloads every second with plugin

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Page reloads every second with plugin

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by wayaweb wayaweb 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    wayaweb
    wayaweb
    Participant

Only in some computers, the page reloads every second non stop with the plugin on, we already clear cache, disabled caché plugins, cdn plugin, and still does not work, i dont know if you could help, i follow documentation instalation.

I did some research of the problem and there were some others with the same problems but no solution.

Right now we created a staging version /dev of the site to test this plugin, so let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the proper details, it helps me a lot.

It appears, that you have some sort of script active, that reloads the current page, if the window gets resized. The search plugin triggers the window resize event upon loading, to make sure every calculation is correct – but that triggers that other script as well, which automatically reloads the page.

I have changed the javascript source on the compatibility options submenu, which solved the issue immediately: https://i.imgur.com/rS8DWxh.png

However, I still recommend disabling the page reloading script when the window gets resized, as it will always reload the page when for example the mobile keyboard pops open, or if the user flips it’s device from vertical to horizontal view.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

wayaweb
    wayaweb
    Participant

Wooow thankyou very much!

You solve the issue perfectly.

There is one more thing i would like to ask, as you could see the site is about real estate, but the theme created a wordpress instance that are properties (which are not pages nor posts neither woocommerce products) so your plugin is not able to detect the image of each property, thats the main reason i bought the pro.

I found a “Solution” by enabling the search in attachments, but i dont want really that in the results, i read the documentation and see that you have a option where you can place “Custom field containing the image” the problem is that the database brings that info in an array, so i think in these theme it wont be possible, just let me know if you know a workarround this please.

Thanks again for the really good support!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

You are welcome 🙂

I have logged in via FTP and checked the image parser code in the theme. Then I have quickly made a simple filter function to get the images for the search as well, which I have placed into the functions.php file in the theme directory. It should display the first image within the results as a thumbnail now.

For future reference, the code I have added is this:

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wayaweb
    wayaweb
    Participant

W O W, many many thanks i already rated your theme with great comments!.

I have (hopefully) one last issue, when i exclude in (advance options) with the option: “Exclude posts (or cpt, attachments, comments) by categories/taxonomy terms” and choose “dt_property contract type” for example the houses already sold or rented (in spanish “vendida” o “rentada”) the search works perfectly as expected, because obviously i only want to show my users the available inventory, problem is that it hides all the properties in that contract from the list of properties in WordPress Admin Backend, so we are not able to edit the properties anymore.

Not sure if i explained my self correctly

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

I believe that the issue might be related to a similar problem with the most recent plugin version, where the back-end search is accidentally overridden by the plugin, in some rare cases.
    There is a temporary fix until the next release:

1. Make sure to have a back-up of everything before editing the files.
    2. Open up the wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\includes\classes\filters\class-asp-searchoverride.php file via FTP
    3. Replace it’s contents with this.
    4. Save the file.

That should solve the issue, hopefully.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wayaweb
    wayaweb
    Participant

Worked perfectly, thanks again for the amaizing support

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wayaweb
    wayaweb
    Participant

Thabks i tried to closed it myself but didnt found where.

Thanks again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Page reloads every second with plugin’ is closed to new replies.