PDF result not working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mallorcaredes
    mallorcaredes
    Participant

Buenas tardes.
    I enclose the page where we are testing, it seems that the PDF has been indexed well, but it does not highlight with any color as we have indicated, and it is very complicated in a pdf of 20 sheets to know where the word we are looking for is, we do not understand where it is the mistake, thank you very much.
    All the best.

https://contralasoledad.com/?page_id=241851

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you mean when you open the PDF file, it should scroll to the appropriate section? I’m afraid that is not possible. When the PDF is opened, the browser handles the view, and there is no way to inject a scrolling code, as PDF is not part of the actual page HTML, but in a separate browser container.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mallorcaredes
    mallorcaredes
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, for the live results there might be actually possible to show some context – since the PDFs are indexed via the media service.

Can you please add temporary FTP access? I would like to try a file modification on the plugin to see if it works.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

mallorcaredes
    mallorcaredes
    Participant

Good, of course, I sent you the administrator user, make the change you want without problems, thank you very much.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

I made a possible change, where text is available, the plugin should fetch and find the possible keywords now: https://i.imgur.com/U0WMlbn.png
    It is far from perfect, as PDF text parsing is not a simple task, but it should be much better as before.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.