Performance and Index Table

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Performance and Index Table

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    apbalice71
    apbalice71
    Participant

If there are close to 5000 post tags in our site, in Index Table options if we exclude indexing post tags, will it make the search faster? Also under Relevance Options, if we set Terms weight to 0, will it make the search faster?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It depends on how many keywords are generated with and without indexing the post tags. If there is a huge difference (like 25%+ more keywords), then yes, that could make a bit of a speed difference.
    Changing the terms weight will not affect the performance.

For optimizing the performance, I suggest checking this documentation.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

apbalice71
    apbalice71
    Participant

1. With post tags indexed, Total keywords: 2357141
    without post tags indexed, Total keywords: 2341252

Will there be a speed difference?

2. I didn’t turn on cache but I found that the first search of the day seems to be much slower than subsequent searches. Is this normal and could you think of a reason why?

3. What does Bypasses the index table keyword counter do and will it have impact on search performance? Does it only affect the index statistics at the Index Table admin page?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. I don’t think so, that difference is negligible.

2. Maybe as the client browser tries to do a request to the server and at first it needs to resolve where the wp-admin/ajax-admin.php handler is. It could be something on the server side, but I would not worry about it.

3. I don’t know what are you reffering to, can you please explain or maybe send a screenshot?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

apbalice71
    apbalice71
    Participant

I’m referring to define(‘ASP_INDEX_BYPASS_COUNT’, true); at https://knowledgebase.ajaxsearchpro.com/hooks/constants

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That does nothing for the search performance. When you go to the index table options page, the keywords are counted as a background process, and can take some time for bigger databases. With that option it can be disabled completely.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.