php fatal error

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    giellemme
    giellemme
    Participant

Hello There,

I already used your nice plugin without problems, but now I moved the website to a new server and a new layout and it is suddenly throwing this error:

PHP Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference

caused by search.php at line 180

I tried disabling the plugins, but I have been using successfully search, the current theme and the current plugins on a development server. I cannot understand. Maybe it is a different PHP version?

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I think it’s just a option inconsistency, because there is an option check on that line.

Try to deactivate and activate the plugin, then go to the caching options page from the ajax search pro sub menu and save the options without changing anything.

Sometimes transferring the database from one place to another causes options to be cached incorrectly.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

giellemme
    giellemme
    Participant

I will try, but actually I reinstalled the new version of the plugin on the new server. I thought that maybe the problem could be the php version on the production server, which is older than the development server….

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay. Then there are some safe update steps described in the documentation, first chapter, that should definitely help.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.