Plugin Breaks Custom Post Types

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Plugin Breaks Custom Post Types

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pixelloop
    pixelloop
    Participant

When I installed this plugin I noticed when I go to update a custom post type it just goes to a blank white page and nothing saves.

When I deactivate this plugin everything works fine again, turn it back on, same issue.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Do you see any error messages on the screen? Unfortunately there are no reports of similar problems, and without any error messages it is nearly impossible to tell.

Can you please add temporary FTP and back-end access? I can try to debug through the search code, to see where the issue might be triggered at. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

pixelloop
    pixelloop
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for all the details, I managed to find the problem. I force-enabled error reporting, and turns out, that the issue was with an object to string casting function. Basically, when the indexing was triggered during the post saving process, the plugin tried to get the contents of the selected ‘_fb_builder_data’ custom field. However, that field contains some objects, that cannot be properly converted into simple strings, and that caused an error.

I made a tiny modification to one of the search plugin files, that checks, if the given thing is an object, and if so, then skips it. Now it should work as expected.

I will make sure to inlcude this fix in the upcoming release, so you won’t have to worry about it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

pixelloop
    pixelloop
    Participant

Thanks Ernest,

I have tested that and it all seems to be working fine now.

Hopefully that patch will be included in the next update so it continues to work fine.

Thanks again. Keep up the good work.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.