Plugin causing errors

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    phasma31
    phasma31
    Participant

Randomly when I save or make an update I get a php error and then have to deactivate the plugin and reactivate to get the site to work again. The lite version worked fine.

Please advise.

Trent

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko. Reason: updated log-in
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I was unable to log in with the credentials, can you please take a look at it?

In the meantime can you please copy-paste the error message? It would be extremely helpful.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

phasma31
    phasma31
    Participant

sorry,

** removed for security **

I’m working on it now, did not think to grab the error, I’ll send when it happens again.

Thank you,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’ve tried to make a test draft post and save it if the error appears, but I couldn’t see any error messages.

I also made a test search instance and saved it, but no error messages either. Maybe it’s specific to something. Try to grab the whole error message in case it happens again, and we figure it out 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

phasma31
    phasma31
    Participant

Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/28/2572228/html/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/hooks.php on line 206

phasma31
    phasma31
    Participant

Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/28/2572228/html/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/asp_init.class.php on line 241

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I think I might know how to fix it very easily, but I don’t know what’s the cause though.

Open the Compatibility Settings submenu under the ajax search pro menu, and hit the Save button without changing anything. The error refers to unset variables regarding the compatibility options, and this should refresh the values.

I’ve checked the lines the error message is referring to, but I need to run some tests why the error message is triggered, as I have no idea yet.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’ve did some googling around and if you still have this issue, it’s probably related to GoDaddy hosting.

I found 2 very relatable threads:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-cannot-call-overloaded-function-for-non-object-1/page/2

and

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-cannot-call-overloaded-function-for-non-object-in-homehostpubli

Someone there managed to fix the issue by switching to PHP 5.5 on the godaddy back-end:

Hi All,

Just wanted to share how I fix the issue. In the cpanel control panel, choose “Select PHP version”. Then I select “PHP Version 5.5”. Then click save.

-Jess-

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

phasma31
    phasma31
    Participant

I am using managed wordpress so there is no cpanel to go into.

I saved the compatibility setting as suggested, I’ll see if that helps.

Also can you tell me why the search bar is rendering differently on two different pages. I cloned the original search and just removed some custom fields

https://servicecxn.com/installation/ correct look

https://servicecxn.com/assembly-2/ wide and not desired

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Good, I’m hoping it helps.

I’ve flushed the cache and refreshed the page with CTRL + R and they are look the same now to me. If you use cahce don’t forget to flush it or disabling it until you finish with modifications. The search stylesheets are stored in one file for better performance, and the server was still serving the old one, where the second one does not existed, and it looked weird.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.