Plugin now works with GTranslate

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Plugin now works with GTranslate

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    timburkart
    timburkart
    Participant

Hi!

I have been working with the folks at gtranslate and they made some adjustments to one of your js files. I am attaching the changed version to this ticket. My question is can you possibly incorporate these changes into your code base?

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much. I checked the source, but I don’t think I can incorporate that change – as it would break the redirection permalinks for every site where Gtranslate is not present. In cases where gtranslate is present, then I am not sure if the permalink is always used as in your case like: siteurl.com/language/ – it might be something else for different configurations(?), I’m not sure.

I can however add hooks/events to the upcoming release, to have access to the redirection URL on the fly. That allows changing it via a custom code placed into the functions.php file in your child theme directory.

After the next plugin release is ready (4.20, it should be 2-4 weeks), please place this code functions.php in your theme/child theme directory. Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

add_action('wp_footer', 'asp_custom_js_hook');
    function asp_custom_js_hook() {
    	?>
    	<script>
    	wp.hooks.addFilter('asp_redirect_url', 'asp', function(url){
    		return url.replace(
    			"gmoresearch.org/", 
    			"gmoresearch.org/" + (document.querySelector("html").lang.indexOf("en") > -1 ? "" : document.querySelector("html").lang
    		));
    	}, 10);
    	</script>
    	<?php
    }

That will permanently fix the issue in your case.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

timburkart
    timburkart
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Could you please confirm that you implemented this functionality in the 4.20 release?

Thank you!

Tim Burkart

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

Yes, it is implemented.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

timburkart
    timburkart
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

I just want to thank you for this functionality! I have confirmed that it works on my site.

Best regards,

Tim Burkart

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome, thank you for the feedback!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.