Possible to filter by post authors?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Possible to filter by post authors?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nomade76
    nomade76
    Participant

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to:

1. Filter posts by authors names or ID?

2. Pre-select filters based on an archive page (using Elementor)? For example a category archive will display all the posts related to that category, but performing a search will display the whole list of posts, regardless of the category archive the user is currently viewing.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Unfortunately it is not possible.

2. Well, if you are using filters, there is a way to preset the filters via URL, although I am not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

nomade76
    nomade76
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the answer.

I’ll try to add some URL parameters using javascript to pre-filter the categories. For the point no1, is there a way to add custom filtering to the existing one?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

For now there is no way to add custom type of filters. There is a filters API to add/manipulate filters – but that only works with the supported ones (custom fields, taxonomies, date etc..)

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.